Thursday, January 7, 2010

Does anyone know of an effective anti-dandruff hair shampoo for black women's hair?

In the past, I have used selsun blue, head and shoulders, neutrogena, they all turn out to be a waste of money!Does anyone know of an effective anti-dandruff hair shampoo for black women's hair?
I have black hair and have had this problem. I went through so many products and grease that did not work. What I have been using for the last two months is Aveda Brilliant Shampoo %26amp; Conditioner. The Brilliant line is made for textured and chemically treated hair (I have a relaxer). I wash my hair once a week and leave the conditioner in for 5 mins. I then follow with a deep conditioner and I use Aveda Damage Remedy Intensive Restructuring Treatment and leave that in my hair for 20 mins. For grease, I use Aveda Brilliant Anti-Humectant Pomade. I also never put heat in my hair without protecting it (I use Motions heat protectant or Aveda Brilliant Damage Control, Isoplus Oil Sheen very lightly, and Smooth n Shine Polishing Spray). Good Luck!Does anyone know of an effective anti-dandruff hair shampoo for black women's hair?
maybe try that new pantene idk if its for dandruff though
im in cosmetology school. and most of our clients come in and get the INDIGO peppermint dandruff shampoo. it works really good. and its hard to find in the stores so you will probably have to purchase it online.
you should use blue vu. my best friend uses it and says that it works, i don't have dandriff so i don't know but it might.
Have you ever tried Nioxin. They make eveything for your hair. I use there product in my head and my daughters. I dont have dandruff but my daughters did before I started using it in thier heads. Its not cheap but it works.
try Sulfur 8 and follow it with the Sulfur 8 grease/oil. It has a menthol smell to it, but it feels really nice on the scalp and is medicated to treat scalp conditions such as dandruff
Joico has an awesome anti-dandruff shampoo out there . Dandruff is flaking scalp so be cautious when choosing treatment. Alot of products out there use wax to coat the scalp, thus providing ';instant'; releif. not good. Joico will heal %26amp; remove the dandruff over 2 weeks. Once gone, continue to use to prevent it coming back. It will look like getting worse at first, but its just the shampoo removing the flakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment