Thursday, January 7, 2010

Ok to use shampoo after dandruff shampoo?

Hey, i have this mint shampoo that smells great. I also have dandruff, the problem is selson blue dandruff shampoo smells horrible. Is it ok to use the selson then follow it with my mint shampoo to get rid of the smell? Also i like to wash my hair everyday, how often should i use the selson blue? ThanksOk to use shampoo after dandruff shampoo?
Well, the Selsun Blue site says to leave on the shampoo for at least 2 minutes while the active ingredients get to your head before rinsing. Logic seems to say that you need to get that active ingredient absorbed into your skin before rinsing it away. Since the other shampoo will probably entirely get rid of any residue of Selsun blue, but you still want to make sure it has a chance to work!





Since they say at least 2 min, I would put the Selsun in when you first start the shower, then leave it in while you wash the rest of yourself. Then at the end, do a thorough rinse and then shampoo with your great minty stuff! Since the SB will have 5 minutes of complete activation, it won't matter that you've now washed it all out, since their active ingred actually absorb into the skin and that won't be washed away with your other shampoo.





You should be fine!Ok to use shampoo after dandruff shampoo?
You can use both, but make sure you condition your hair EVERY day.


Shampoo really dries out hair, so doubling it up can make your hair look fried. If I were you i would use alittle selson blue and alittle of the minty shampoo together. Also, selson blue should be used like 3-4 times a week.
Some dandruff is from a micro-organism and some is just dry scalp. If your problem is dry scalp then washing it twice will actually make it worse. If you don't like the smell of the Selson blue why not try another shampoo. I have the dry/itchy scalp problem I and sometime use Klorane Peony shampoo. It works great and smells fine. It's a European brand but you can get it at drugstore.com. My ex-boyfriend had the micro-organism thing and he use organic shampoo with tea tree oil (he used several brands and they all worked). Tea tree oil smells pretty nice too.





So, I think, try a different brand. You don't really want to wash your hair 2X a day.
Yes it is totally okay to use the mint after dandruff i used to do something like that and it worked well. i just wouldn't use as much mint shampoo and if you follow up with conditioner only apply it to the ends of your hair. I would use the Selson blue every day for like a week and then change it to every other day.





Hope this helps =)
I think that would be just fine. I do that too. I think you should use the selson blue every other day just because you don't want to wash your hair too much. I would recommend though is a different dandruff shampoo call head and shoulders. It's great and it doesn't have a bad smell to it.
I think you would beable 2 use both and the dandriff every other day
Um... I think you smell
  • skin conditions
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment