Monday, December 28, 2009

How do you get rid of a dry flakey scalp without using dandruff shampoo/conditioner?

A great one is Petroleum Jelly. You can get it from any grocery store. It helps any kind of dry flakey skin! Trust me.How do you get rid of a dry flakey scalp without using dandruff shampoo/conditioner?
I love doing this once a week:





-Shampoo hair (or I guess you can just use water)


-Massage aloe vera gel onto the scalp, trying to avoid most of the hair


-Pour warm olive oil onto the scalp, letting it run down the ends of your hair(it's easiest to do all of this over a large sink or tub)


-Use saran wrap (plastic wrap) to cover your entire scalp and hair


-Place a shower cap over the plastic wrap then for extra insulation wrap a towel around the cap


-Leave in for 20-40 minutes


-Don't shampoo after this, just rinse


-Use a conditioner if you want





fyi, this only works on dry dandruff, not oily dandruff!!!How do you get rid of a dry flakey scalp without using dandruff shampoo/conditioner?
I've always had a problem with dandruff and what finally worked for me was tea tree oil. You can add it to any shampoo. 10 or 20 drops or so and mix it all together, try that and see if it works.
I used to use baby oil. I would massage my scalp with it and then shampoo it out. Now I use Neutrogea T Sal. It's amazing, but since you said you didn't want any dandruff shampoo I guess try the baby oil.
using any type of sheen or oil base spray

No comments:

Post a Comment